Thursday, February 16, 2012

Humble beginnings

A few times a month I teach a beginners quilting class.  Now let me say, I'm not getting paid and its just totally at random when ever we can all get together at a mutual friends house.  Second, I'm not a teacher, I'm more of the worker bee.  This has been quite the challenge for me, but I'm loving sharing my knowledge and "expertise"  and I say that very loosely.  Its easy to forget that your students don't have all the common quilting knowledge that we have stored in our brains for years.  Occasionally I pull out this photo to humble my over confident quilters ego.   Its okay to laugh!  Made from the leftovers of halloween costumes, curtains, chair covers, whatever I had on hand. 



This is the one I'm most proud of.  It was cerimonial quilt for my dad last year on his birthday.  Every color, ever line, every symbol has a special meaning.  I did about a years worth of research before making.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. good sometimes to be reminded just how much we DO know... have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first quilt does not even come close to the beauty Valentine Tweet! You got my vote!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...