Monday, March 19, 2012

I've been MIA

Sorry I've been a little missing in action.  My sweet honey had a knee replacement so I've been doing his running for him.  Finally got back into the studio the last couple of days.  I've been working on my Tweets quilt and thought I'd share a tip.  When using Mylar templates I use a little basting spray on the back of the template to hold it to the fabric when ironing the edges over.  Works great!  A few ruined pieces until I figured out this dandy stuff works.  And another tip:  DONT USE TWO SIDED TAPE.  I won't give you the horrible details but I'm sure you can figure it out, my brain obviously was left at hospital when I tried the tape. 

Just a little dab on the back side.  I usually spray it in the lid and use a toothpick to apply to the back of the template.  Its good for about 5 or 6 pieces and then it needs to be refreshed by placing the iron on the piece thats next to be ironed and then lay the template on the warm fabric, reactivates the glue!  Love this!

















Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...