Friday, July 20, 2012

Peek of the week....

Well my goodness this week has just flown by!  I had a little visitor again this week and she kept me on my toes.  When she visits I wonder how I ever took care of 8 kids at one time, yep you heard me right, back in my younger days(which wasn't THAT long ago) I managed my home and my 3 kids plus 5 other precious little ones.  Those days are gone and will NEVER be back if I can help it!  If 8 kids walked through my door now you'd find me running out the back door!  Even though she was here the sewing room was still open for business.  So heres a little peek at the happenings in Podunk.

The christmas top is partially done, applique will be added...someday....

Needed the company of adults, the guild meeting was just what it took to keep me sane.  They shared the round robins that were going to charity.  Nope I didn't participate, maybe next time. 


 

And the Football quilt is off the frame and in the Rec room.  I washed and blocked.  Tomarrow I'll share the picture after it drys.    But while we are waiting...I've gotta share...Summer Romance is back on the frame.  I was stuck on what to do with the center, pulled out some books.  Karen Mctavish can always inspire me.  So all of her books were looked through several times and......
Trying my hand at some micro quilting.   For the lack of better words.....  OMG!  Had to break out my reading glasses in order to see what and where I'd been.  Wishing I could get it done by county fair time but with the way next weeks schedule is looking I don't think so...again I say maybe next year....So until next time ya'll .....Quilt out of your comfort zone...I don't know where I read it or who said it but I try to quilt by it! (and not pick out stitches)

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...