The applique was designed by me with pencil and paper.
Okay now here's what I did while in recovery... Block one of the Jingle BOM is complete. I did a Hungarian chain stitch for the stems. Might redo this block, this stem has a little wonky under the bottom bird. Funny thing how Erin chose cardinals....Great minds think a like! But I was first!....LOL....Actually I think this block inspired me to get out my cardinal quilt and get it done... Thanks Erin!
This block is from an old BOM that I purchased when our LQS went out of business last year. There was only 6 of the 12 blocks, but they were 50% off so it was a good deal that will make a cute throw or wall hanging.
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"