Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I'm not backsliding

Really I'm not!  There's exception to every rule.  So I can start a new quilt if NEEDED, and this one is NEEDED.  Sometimes you need a quick quilt so whats quicker than a simple charm quilt.  I dug through my stash and came up with my own charm pack.  Okay so they may not match exactly but they'll pass.   Adding just a touch of applique will make even the simplest of quilts  more attractive.  Wish I could tell you why I started this quilt but I can't just yet.  Researching colors and how they effect people is what decided the colors in this quilt.  Looks like a Easter quilt, but its not.   Hope to have it pieced and quilted by tomorrow night.  Wish me luck!
 Since it needed to be quick the applique is invisible machine applique.  Quick?  Well it's quicker.  No its not fused.  They were freezer paper turned, stitched to quilt square with monofiliment thread.  The invisible stitch is hard to do because its such a tiny bite of a blanket stitch. (you can find my technique here, good instructions, a few pages long) Reading glasses and stitching v-e-r-y
 s-l-o-w was still much quicker than hand applique.   Hope to see you Friday morning with the finished product and the story behind the quilt.  And pictures of mommas quilt( that still needs the borders quilted!)  Its Crunch time!
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Since the start of this year I have been having a similar problem. I did not even finish my quick and easy quilt before starting a new quilt. I think it happens when you have way too many ideas in your head and not enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great things to see on your blog and so well sewn.

    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...