Friday, April 19, 2013

Playtime in the studio

What a wonderful day!  My cousin Stephanie came over for a visit.  It was the many of first for her.  The first time at my home and the first time playing with a longarm quilter.  I forgot to take a picture so I had to dig through my pictures and find this one.  Stephanie is the blonde with all the shimmer on her shirt, ain't she  a doll.  Okay I'm a little bias, when we were younger I was her babysitter!
Here's her handy work, not to bad for the first time!
 And then we had cake!  Its called Crazy cake!  Super moist cake recipe from the 1930's
CRAZY CAKE RECIPE (NO EGGS, MILK OR BUTTER) Ingredients1 1/2 Cups flour3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)1 Cup white sugar1 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp.  salt
1 tsp. white vinegar1 tsp.  pure vanilla extract5 Tbsp. vegetable oil 1 Cup water 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8" square baking pan.  Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients - two small, one larger ( Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression.  Pour water over all.  Mix well until smooth.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes.  Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean.  Cool.  Top with your favorite frosting.  Enjoy!
Tip - You can double this recipe, just use a 9x13 baking pan.



Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...