Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Good news, Bad news, Good news!

It's been a busy few days.  And the good new is  The Quilty Barn along quilt top is finished!
 My love of gingham in the border flange
The only piece of fabric that almost matches and is just big enough for the backing.   I may need to attach extenders on the sides to make it work on  the frame
Last week I went yard selling with my cousin Stephanie.  Found these cute curtains for $2.  My plan was to make a dress or pillows.  My plans changed.
 So there's this old ugly lamp and shade....
Made a template and then a new inner shade out of Quilters Templar, it doesn't melt.
 removed the old 
And added the new shade
Now I need some brass polish
Now for the not so good news.  BEES! BEES! BEES!  6 lbs of bees!  
 Mr.Brave before the bees are released
 Preparing for attack
 I'm at a distance with the zoom on the camera, bees are everywhere!  I went in side after this picture because one of the bees came over and bounced off my head...ENOUGH for me!  I should have kept my mouth shut when he said he wanted chickens, chickens don't sting.  
 Back the good news.  I won 2 wonderful packages last week.  One from Patchwork Sampler, Thanks Rhonda I love, love, love Marmalade!  Now what to do with them!
 And another from Sewincrediblycrazy.  Thanks Amy!  These are great! I can print out a design to trace on the longarm...so many new ideas!
Since I've had such good luck in the last week I've decided to have my own first giveaway this Friday.  So be sure to come back!
Until next time "Quilt out of Your Comfort Zone!"
Lea








Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love your barn quilt...just so gorgeous! But I don't like the bees...giggle...Mr. Bee Keeper looked very prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flanges in your quilt. I should learn how to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Barn Quilt! I need to make one of those. It is just too cute! Glad you received your CD, I know you will have great fun with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I'm really behind in my comments, but I really like how this quilt ties together the different blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...