Thursday, June 20, 2013

Change of plans

Have a plan, but no one says you must  stick to the plan.  So while making a basket block last night I had an epiphany.  Less basket blocks, design another 12" block, one large medallion.   
Only half of the medallion is shown, because its basically  mirror image so no need for me to draw both sides.  Depending on the decision on how to set the other blocks the center design will be 30" or larger.  Sorry for the bad pictures, 15 were taken and  they all were less than perfect.


Hopefully by the time I get the center pieces glued down I'll come up with a plan  for rest of the quilt.  Might need to bring those birds out into the other 12" block....HMMM....
Until next time "Quilt out of Your Comfort Zone!"



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Good plan! I like medallion style quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: do you inherently need to be good at drawing to be good at FMQ? I know this is not related to this post but the birds reminded me of your past quilting project and I was just wondering...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...