Monday, November 11, 2013

Design Wall Monday 11-11-13

I'm participating in the Quilty Fun Sew Along hosted by Lori Holt.  The finishing instructions for block 2 were posted this morning at Nana Company.  Amy's blocks are super cute!  You gotta check out her blog!  Lots of inspiration!  After receiving my book last week(hubby surprised me and order it, what a sweetheart)  I decided to go super duper scrappy and use anything and everything in this quilt.  Lori wrote about how her Grandmother used whatever fabric she had on hand to make quilts.  So that's what I'm doing.  There's two stars made from shirts, can you guess which two?  
Bet you're wondering how I finished them so quickly.  By working ahead of schedule and making the blocks before the setting instructions come out on Mondays.  All my little stars were made last week but I hadn't sewn them together as a set until this morning.  It took more time to set up for this photo than it did to finish sewing them together.  

That's all folks!  I'm quilting and not designing this week.  So if you need more inspiration I've link up with Judy over at Patchwork Times, hop on over and be inspired by all the design walls.  I'm always in awe of what quilters are stitching up!

~Lea Anne~

(if your still wondering which two are shirtings its the orange and the navy blue)



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Your row is so sweet! Good for you for making do...very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your block looks great. Love that your used shirts.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...