Saturday, November 23, 2013

Spooly Scrumptious?

 The threads are flying here in the studio.  Its all going together so quickly.  My first thought was to call this new quilt pattern Spooly Scrumptious.  Some of you may remember Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and and the lovely Truly Scrumptious. Okay maybe I'm the only one who actually still loves old Disney Movies.  Or is old enough to remember them!  Anyway... Spooly for obvious reasons and Scrumptious because that's the charm pack used, well I had to add a little Marmalade.    
 All 16 are made along with 24 snowball blocks and ready to become a flimsy.  Another little peak, I'll show the rest on Monday.    This is my fave block, who doesn't just love red and white.  So what do you think about some hand embroidery on this quilt?  Nothing fancy just some basic stem stitching.  It's that or a tiny bit of applique...maybe both.   You know me, always pushing out of the comfort zone. The wheels are turning with all kinds of ideas.  As most of you know my typical background fabric is white, but with this quilt the grey is the background.  It fools the eye a little bit.  Every time I look at them I see a short fat spool with vertical stripes.  Once they are all sewn together the white spool actually jumps out.  
That's all for today folks.  I've got horseradish to can!  YUK!

There's still time to join in the Giving Thanks Blog hop and Give away.  I'm giving away a big ole fat quarter bundle.

~Lea Anne~



Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Playing with the eye is so much fun. Looking forward to seeing the finish and that stem stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Yum....canned horseradish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes do do some embroidery on them, mind you I am a newey to quilting having done embroidery for years, started with crazy blocks and moved to more patchwork but till love the embrodiery

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spools look great. You have been a bus gal.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Très joli post!
    Merci de ta visite et de tes gentils commentaires sur mes pages, tous les nouveaux blogs m'inspirent pour ma peinture!
    Very nice post!
    Thanks & Welcome for your comment and your next visit to my blogs.
    Have a nice day! Cath

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still have that movie and just watched it last week! So I caught the play on words immediately. I'm behind on my blog reading, but love how they turned out in your latest post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...