Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Dress up!

By following this very well written tutorial from Sew Many Ways I made these bottle covers.   Just follow the directions for making in any size!  One of my bottles has water and the other has starch.   The instructions call for one piece of fabric, but you can use as many as you like.  Wouldn't it be cute with little one inch squares!?  A patchwork spray bottle.  Even a small orpaned block.  The possibilities are endless.  And both can be made in under and hour, and with one fat quarter.  I see more of these in my future.  
This is whats underneath.  One with the label was of course the starch, and the one with out a label is water.  I've been using the same bottles for over 4 years.  
Refilling with Sta Flo, diluted .  Much cheaper.  I was buying empty larger spray bottles about twice a year(because they would fail to operate) and filling them with the diluted solution.  Until one day the store was out of Sta Flo.  A girl must have starch so I purchased the Niagara.  Its a great product, but really I fell in love with the bottle more than the product.  
 I left the Niagra label on the bottle on the left just until I can remember which is which.  If you look closely you'll see it under the cherries.  So what do you think?  Are you going to Spritz up your Spray Bottle?

~Lea Anne~




Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Cute. Good way to mask the contents. Now you need a label to tell which one is which ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea, I'll have to remember it! I especially love the cherries and green gingham together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! Everything needs something sewn! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are just adorable and I have those starch bottles too! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! Great idea. Maybe I need to start using starch more so I can dress up a spray bottle to pretty up the sewing corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty and much nicer than seeing the plastic bottles

    ReplyDelete
  7. great way to dress up your bottles. love your header.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...