Monday, June 23, 2014

Design Wall Monday

 After the morning ritual of hog sweating yard work, I pulled out a couple of colorful UFO's.   I've no intentions of working on them right now.  It just makes me smile to pull them out and look at them from time to time.   Both have a few years of off and on work.  The "My Tweets" by Erin Russek needs 3 more blocks and the borders.  The time consuming hand applique is the main factor in it becoming a UFO.  And since I can't make a pattern as it's written I've been tossing around the idea for a different setting.    For now they are going back in the Ziploc bag I've too many other projects laying around the studio.
This GFG just needs to be set into a top.  The decision to stop making them was made a couple of years ago.  The plan is for a non traditional medallion style applique setting.  If I knew what I wanted to to with these two projects it might make them easier to finish.  They too are a project for another time.  So do you have projects you love waiting for that special touch?    

~ Lea Anne ~



Pin It

9 comments:

  1. I certainly do, and like you, I pull them out from time to time to just look at them! None as pretty as yours, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I pretty much plow through with any "rule" breaking when it comes to color or design. I know starting a project where I want to change things up, and I'm not hesitant to do so! I don't think I could start a project if I didn't have a strong idea of what I wanted to accomplish as a finished product. However, that doesn't mean that things get started or finished as strongly or as quickly as my mind works! There just are not enough hours in the day, especially in summer when you have to get out in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes things need to "simmer" for a bit before the light bulb goes off and shows what needs to be done next on a top. Your "My Tweets" is adorable! Do I see purple in the blocks? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric choices you made for the Tweets blocks. One, when all those time consuming blocks are done and you've decided on how to use them, it's going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have several projects that I love, but they have stalled because I can't decide how to finish them. I don't want to ruin the work I have done so far, but what good is a box full of blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both projects gorgeous! I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend to show off those GFG blocks (closed Tuesday, Noon)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Just a comment...for someone who doesn't like purple.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you put these two projects together? The colors look like they would go together very well. Both are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being quite new to quilting I do not have much of a slash waiting to be finished, 3 quilts waiting for the wadding but that needs to be bought and not sure which to get then the BOMs I do, they can`t be completed as there are still blocks to do, oh yes do have loads of economy bocks to play with too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...