Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Impulse and Inspiration

Being that I'm on a stash diet, rarely do I buy new prints.  Unless I find a GOOD buy.  So I was shopping last week and... Found one!  5 greener than green prints 1/2 yd cuts for under $10. Yeah!  Impulse gets the best of me.  I've absolutely no idea what to make with them.  So I tucked them away waiting for inspiration.
Found it!  Farmer Hershel drove by this morning mowing the ditch.  Hmmmm....
Lori Holt from Bee In My Bonnet has a super Tractor block that would do the trick.  A large block at 18 x 22,  It wouldn't take very many blocks to make a good sized lap quilt.   And then I thought about her Barn Blocks that you can find here and here.  Maybe a quilt using both the Tractor and Barn blocks and some filler blocks....  It's not a definite plan for a quilt, but the wheels are turning....  

~ Lea Anne ~


Pin It

7 comments:

  1. Love your new greens - There is Christmas in July going on somewhere, too. I can never keep up with it all, but you could use some of your greens for Christmas makings. I prefer the non Christmas prints for things made for Christmas. The colors are enough. You don't need poinsettias on the fabric to make a Christmas tree skirt. I never feel guilty about buying colors that I use a lot. Greens are easy to use. Thanks for sharing your purchases and the ideas to use them.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!! Love the greens and great ideas for using them too!!!! I do love the tractor and barn blocks but I have not made any yet!!!! They do look like fun though!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your idea is a terrific one. Can't wait to see your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the greens! Hubby is buying a tractor. I might have to try this. Enjoyed your blog! My first time being here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be great! I have a lot of green too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. in my mind you cannot have too much green fabric, I know I have not nearly enough! will be tempted next week when at the quilt show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea for a quilt. Thanks for sharing the links.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...