Monday, August 18, 2014

Skittles Explosion

182 blocks on the wall, 182 blocks 
take one down, stitch it down
181 blocks on the wall
Good Morning Quilty Friends!  Welcome to my messy Studio.  It looks like a truckload of Skittles exploded here in Podunk.  I've been working on two different projects over the weekend, the Hummingbird quilt and the Lori Holt tulip quilt.  For those of you that are new to my blog, Lori Holt designed the single tulip block for her Quilty Fun book.  I took that single tulip block and designed a 4 crossing tulips block and the rest of the quilt.  
 I've been bouncing back and forth between the two quilts.  The Hummingbird is coming together really fast, just chaining along...and singing.
But remember when I started quilting the Tulip quilt months ago.  Well I ran into a issue.  The blocks on this quilt are larger than the space I can quilt on my frame.   I've done this several times without premarking and had no issues.  Long story short the quilt had to be taken off the frame and premarked.  Which meant I lost interest and moved on to less frustrating projects.  Well I'm back in the groove and hope to have it back on the frame by bedtime today.  Wish me luck, I'm really excited to have this one back on the project list, it's such a fun and colorful quilt.
So what are you working on that excites you this morning?  Anything that you'd care to share at Judy's Design Wall Monday?  Hop on over and link it up!
Let's add another linky party  WIP Wednesday@freshlypieced

~ Lea Anne ~

Today's freebie from Magnolia Bay Quilts
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Lovely work! Can you please tell me what pattern you're working on, the one one the machine in your photo. Your work reminds me of the work of Rita at Red Pepper Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your Tulip groove back Lea Anne! "Skittle explosion" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the hummingbird quilt. This is a pattern I have on my list to make ... someday. I shall enjoy looking at yours for now ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are beautiful. Enjoy your stitching time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your skittle explosion! :) Your hummingbird quilt is going to be just gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 nice projects here, the hummingbird one like others have said is going to be wonderful, must check out how to make those blocks

    ReplyDelete
  7. "HAVE I TOLD YOU LATELY THAT I LOVE YOU" Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog every morning. Your quilts are so happy. Thank You, Have a GREAT DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colors in your quilt tops! and what a great idea to do what you did with the tulip blocks. :) Can't wait to see them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you started this post! It made me laugh and sing. The quilts are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I don't comment often, I read your blog regularly, and I enjoy it so much. I love your bright cheery quilts, and your quilting is always spot on. I am now making a hummingbird quilt, so it is encouraging to see yours. Thanks for the fun cheery quilts and posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheerful, colorful blocks! Hope quilting goes well this time around!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilts in progress are each so pretty! Love the rainbow! Stitch the rainbow! Ha, ha, ha! Thanks so much for sharing you cheery post at the Let's Bee Social this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...