It's been a busy week in Podunk. I've been buzzing around like a bee from one project to another. Last night I finally buzzed back over to the design table and started pre-assembling some posies with glue.
Glue basting makes the applique process so much easier. But that bottle! I'm using a Roxanne's basting glue bottle that has been refilled with washable school glue, it's cheaper and isn't as stiff as the original glue. Occasionally I get a little messy and the glue to close to the edge, this means hand stitching through glue. With the cheap Dollar Store washable school glue it's not an issue. However that little tip still wants to clog. Rinsing out the nozzle with water would stop this from happening but I'm tired of running to the kitchen everytime I want to stop. So I made this little do-wicky from some wire Mr. Podunk had in the garage. I'm not sure what kind of wire, all I know is he said he used to tie bolts together when he was an airplane mechanic. Whatever it is, it works like a charm, no more clogs! When I'm done I just put this in the nozzle and go!
Maybe I should get more creative and make a posy or a butterfly for the handle at the top...some other time, there's to many other things to do.
The tulip quilt is nearing the end, just a little more border quilting and she'll be ready for binding and the big reveal. I could get more done if I'd quit playing around with the cute applique!
~ Lea Anne ~