Sunday, December 20, 2015

Podunk Pickin's #15

My goodness it seems like forever since we last chatted.  Ya'll come on in and sit down a spell, I've something new to share.  The idea for this quilt popped into my little ole brain months ago after seeing Trish's Aunt Kate's Snowflake Quilt at ModaBakeshop.  With mamma being sick my sewing time is limited, so it took a month to get the test block completed.  Her name...
" Snowflakes"


Here's the plan for the entire quilt.  76" x 76"


After looking at my test block I'm wishing I had reversed the colors like the image below.


This would be a great weekend project.  The over sized blocks would whip together in no time.  And the color options are endless.


A traditional red one might be in my future. Love it!


And green!


Now ya'll know me, I love sharing my patterns with you for free.  So here's the best I can do with a tutorial or free pattern.  After mamma is doing better I'll get back to writing complete tutorials and patterns.  Not all the pieces are labeled in the images below.  I thought with a little deductive reasoning you gals could figure out the pieces not marked are the same size as the one that is marked. These are measurements or the cutting, not the finished size. I pressed all my seams open.
So here's the yardage as estimated by EQ7

White background 5 1/4 yds
Blue 1 1/4 yds
Binding 1 yd


Oops!  I almost forgot to give you the sashing measurement.


Now onto the some changes in Podunk Pickin's weekly Link-up.  I'm going to open it up to anything quilty or sewing related, it doesn't need to be a tutorial. What ever you want to link up, just keep it crafty.  Tutorials and free patterns are  still welcome, old or new posts.  
All NON sewing or crafty link-ups will be deleted.  
Don't forget to visit some of the other link-ups.  Everyone likes visitors and comments!  

And the winner of the surprise fabric is.....
Cheryl Willis!  Congrats Cheryl! 


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Love your snowflake! If you haven't made all four yet, you could reverse the colors for 2 of the blocks. Thank you for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's just lovely! Thank you so much for graciously sharing another sweet pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your snowflake quilt! I was so glad to see your post. I've been thinking of you a lot and hoping all is well at your house. Thanks for the beautiful quilt and tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the tutorial, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving the snowflakes and they work so well in so many colours

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exquisite! This beautiful block will decimate my hoard, er stash of snowflake fabrics. May try cutting flannel at 2 1/2" instead of 2", to make a 42" one-block quilt for a January baby. Keep on quiltin'. Cwoosley12@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unique idea for snowflakes. Like all the colors. So smart. Glad you are back hosting. I've been checking back every week and missed you. I had a lot catching up to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the snow flake block. I can't decide between the red version and the light blue version. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowflake quilt pattern is beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thans for sharing, this looks wonderful. Have a lovely Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...