Friday, October 5, 2018

~ Bumpkin Pumpkins ~

It's here! It's here! It's here!  Fall is here!  The cooler temps are SOOOO wonderful!  This change has sparked something inside me to work out of my color comfort zone.  My latest quilt Bumpkin Pumpkins is not my normal happy bright quilt.  


Grays and blacks have long been off my list of workable colors.  And to be honest orange rarely sees a rotary cutter in my studio.  This might be my favorite quilt this year....how odd is that!?


Change is a good thing, it keeps things interesting.  Maybe that's just what was needed to start off the holiday season.


If not for the gingham I don't think I would love this quilt as much as I do.  Most of the fabrics in this quilt are Lori Holt fabrics from her Autumn Love and Bee Basics lines.  The Black Gingham was hard to find.  I couldn't find any online so I went to Joann's and purchased an entire bolt.   One week later I stumbled upon a quilt shop on Etsy with a nice black gingham.  If your interested you can find it here.  And one at Fat Quarter Shop, click here.


One of the original ideas for this quilt is this striking black and white version.  Isn't just elegant?!


Then I thought about purple.  Well my friends.....I still can't bring myself to work with purple.  But it does take on kinda spooky feel with purple.


Bumpkin Pumpkins pattern can be found in my Etsy and Craftsy shops.  


~  Lea Anne ~



Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I think it is a fabulous fall quilt-and you jumped out of your comfort zone, a win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost done with mine. I love it already! Lea Anne, have you quilted yours yet? I'm still improving on FMQ. I looked at your quilting on the Podunk Posey and was able to quilt my Podunk Posey quilt looking your quilting design.
    Thanks Chelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...