Saturday, January 5, 2019

~ Full Steam Ahead! ~

 Good Day Sweet Quilting Friends!  Yes it is a good day indeed.  Bonnie finally gave us the big reveal for the Good Fortune Mystery.  I'll be the first to admit I was really getting tired of the trickle clues.  As far as Mysteries go this one is a quick one and its why I like participating.  But this is why I don't participate in very many.  I'm a get it done kind of quilter.   If it drags on for too long I lose interest.  And I'm a quilt designer also, so there's things I need to do.  There's a lot of fun things going on behind the scenes of Podunk and I can't wait to start sharing them.   But for now I'm full steam ahead on this quilt and the On Podunk Pond quilt.   As much as I hate to admit it the On Podunk Pond quilt may get pushed aside for awhile.  Maybe I could resolve to work on it a few minutes every day or two.  Lord knows I don't want another UFO laying around for too long.  After awhile they become stale projects.  The Good Fortune quilt will not be laid aside.  I'm putting all I have to give into finishing it ASAP.  The goal is to have it on the frame by sometime Monday.  It is turning out to be a great little quilt.  The chain block below is my favorite design element of the entire quilt.
  

They were a breeze to put together.  At first I was kinda leery about how it was going to look with (4) 4 patches in the center, but it turned out better than expected.


The other star block...Eh...not my favorite.  Bulky seams added with my darker color choices makes for a not so fun block.  I'm sure my attitude would be different if the colors were red and yellow.  All of Bonnie's quilt patterns have bulky seams due to her style of design.  It's just one of those things we learn to deal with as quilters.  They are a challenge to put together and a challenge to quilt.  Even though I've never broke a needle on a bulky seam I still cringe every time I hear the kerchunk as the needle hits the bulk.


About another hour or so and I should have them completed.


The borders for this quilt might a be a little tricky due to the very small HST's.  Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to tiny pieces.  I'm also considering adding another border if I have the time.  A bigger quilt would be nice but time is the biggest factor in whether or not another border will be added.  I really like the pieced border from the last Bonnie quilt I made called En Provence.  It is my inspiration for an extra border on the GF quilt.  You can see more of my En Provence quilt here.


Well, it's back to the sewing machine...Full Steam Ahead!  WOOWOO!





#goodfortunequilt #quiltvillemystery #enprovencequilt 


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I like the yellow/gold fabrics you used with the red so much better than orange. I don't participate in mysteries. I don't want to waste my time on a quilt that I don't like. I'm not fond of the star block but the first one is really nice. Happy stitching, I hope you get 'er finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are right on track. Good luck with your stitching plans this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...