Saturday, February 16, 2019

~ 15 Minutes of Cleaning ~

It's that time again, time to pull out my two favorite little boxes of fabrics.  These two boxes of  fabric have produced some really cute projects over the years.  I'm not quite sure how but the amount of fabric in them seems to multiply.   So this morning I decided to do a 15 minute cleanup of the boxes before tackling anything else.


 Several pieces of odd and not so cute fabric were tucked into my cute mini stash, so those have been removed and this is what is left.  Looks like my 15 minute plan could take a tad bit longer.  That's okay, I can play with cute fabric all day.  


With the odd and not so cute fabrics removed I can now see there has been some progress.  These were stuffed to the brim about 3 years ago.  So if my calculations are correct it will only take about 9 more years to use up all these fabrics!....LOL!


Now it's time to sort through the smaller scraps from the boxes.  I know some of you see this as trash but I see it as pretty little applique and string quilt blocks.  If I can put a stitch in it, I keep it.  Well to tell the truth even if I can't, I still keep it for making rope rugs.


 Oh this heaven, so much color.....sigh.....cleanup has come to a screeching halt.  Yep it's playtime!  A little project to let the creative juices flow.  This is what quilting is all about.  I'm in my zone...this is going to be a fun day!


And so it begins with a little added piece of cherry fabric pulled from the large scraps bins.   What's a quilt without cherries in it somewhere? I mean really, did you think I could leave out the most important part, CHERRIES!   


The 15 minutes of cleaning turned into an hour, and I now have a bigger mess than when I started.  But it's a fun mess that will end with a cute little quilt.  Am I the only one that gets inspired when cleaning?





#15minutecleanup #lakehousedrygoods #podunkpretties

Pin It

10 comments:

  1. You DO have cute fabric! I routinely go through my stash to get rid of uglies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchase a cherry fabric now and then. Would love to add some more to stash. Your piece is a good background cherry piece and surely you are in the process of sewing something wonderful with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the darling pinwheel (my personal favorite) quilt. I'm pulling fabrics today to start this. Your directions are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that cherry fabric Lea Anne...I have plans for it in future quilt w cherry fabric and checks....you inspire me alot...yr fabrics are so yummy too...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the special fabrics, I have them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many of the same fabrics as you! I have three granddaughters, which is probably why!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same fabric in my stash! lol! I played with bits and pieces this week, too. I even made two quilts out of orphan blocks. =D Cleaning can be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lea Anne, I am having serious stash envy. It appears we have the same taste in bright, cute fabrics. You are the PERFECT person to share an opinion with me if you don't mind. I am having an awful time making up my mind! Can you check out my latest blog post and share what you would do if you were me? I hope that isn't a weird thing to ask. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I should do - have a smaller scrap bin for my very favorites. That never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. After I saw this post I organized my Christmas fabrics and scraps--not sure it 15 minutes but it's done. I do need to do my fall/halloween fabric. :) I also have some of the same fabric you have that I made Easter baskets from a few years back! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...