Friday, August 9, 2019

~ Studio Transformation ~

Hello Happy Quilters!  I'm happy to announce the Podunk Studio is back to normal and ready for new quilting adventures.  It feels so good to walk into the Studio and not feel overwhelmed by the chaos and clutter.   The worst part of the cleaning process was the cobwebs.  And what comes with cobwebs?  SPIDERS!  No I'm not afraid of them but they catch you by surprise then they run willy-nilly.  My survival instinct kicks in at this point and I start squealing like a little girl swatting frantically as if I were being attacked by a large bear.  I'm proud to say 6 large bear spiders(about the size of a dime) and about twice as many little cub spiders are no longer with us.  


As you can see there were plenty of hiding spaces.   Believe it or not this picture was taken about 30 minutes after I started cleaning.  It took that long to collect all the files and papers that needed to be in my office.  Once those were cleared out I could focus on how to organize the mess.  There's four projects in progress hiding in all the chaos. 


The first one I tackled was the one that was creating most of the clutter.  I love this quilt and I'm looking forward to sharing it with you but it is a little more complicated than I feel like dealing with right now.  So in the box it goes until my MOJO  is completely restored.


Then there's On Ringo Lake by Bonnie Hunter.  Bonnie's patterns are labor intensive.  Tons of tiny pieces that also are not great for MOJO challenged quilters.  But I would like to finish this before her next mystery quilt starts in November.  So it will left out where I can see it and I'll work on it as the mood strikes.


Next is the Happy Little Things by Jacquelynne Steves.  It's a new BOM that started this week.  I'm a featured blogger so it's at the top of the get it done list.  Getting this completed allows me to write the blog post in advance so there's no stress to meet deadlines.  If you would like to join this BOM you can find all the information on Jacquelynnes blog.  Olfa is sponsoring this months block with an amazing giveaway on several featured blogs.  You can find the giveaway on my blog by clicking here.


 The first thing I'll tackle is this super simple Disappearing Nine Patch.  This is a QAL by Julie at the Crafty Quilter Blog.  The QAL is over but the tutorials are still available on her blog.  I joined the QAL with hopes it would reset my MOJO.  Since it's a quick quilt project I should be able to complete it in just a few days


After cleaning the Studio today a couple more sewn rows were added to the design wall.  Progress at last.  It feels great to be quilting again.  Have you ever been a quilting slump?  Do you have any tip and tricks to share that might help rejuvenate their MOJO? 







Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling "quilty" again! Everybody loses the mojo once in a while. For me, it's those unfinished projects... but the only way they get done is to start doing. Enjoy your sewing space, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through a long quilting slump but it was more machine related. I had a balky Brother that I finally traded up to a Babylok. Now projects are moving through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting cleaned up and organized always helps me push the reset button. My solution to quilty mojo is to commit to 15 minutes a day. Sometimes that's all I do, but just staying with it, usually I get going on a project I don't want to put down. Works for me, but I realize it doesn't work for everyone. Hope you get more mojo back this next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing how quick our sewing spaces can do that to us! lol Interesting that you write this now...my sewing machine is in a shared 'homeschool' room and is buried in school stuff. it was on my list to get it cleaned up today==get school stuff ready for September and I will have a clear space for a few weeks to sew. after prioritizing the projects of course! I'm thinking of a candle or essential oils going, some great music, and snacks so I dont have to stop to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your studio looks beautiful! I’m Sew happy for you! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling like quilting again. I've missed seeing your creations. Love your sewing studio.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Methinks your mojo has returned! Good for you! My sewing studio is actually half my living quarters. You can imagine how it looks around here when it gets to that stage!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just feeling the same way. I need to get in and clean up my sewing room. The garden is taking up a lot of time! But those homegrown tomatoes are sooo worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. from my experience, I keep sorting, cleaning, organizing supplies. If that ddoesn't start me, I look through magazines or UFO's. Usually it's a challenge, or a concept that gets me jazzed to make. I will hear a poem, or a song or see a pattern that looks easy and think I'll just try that. Boom! I'm all in to make it. Sometimes it's a season... I love Fall quilts so I make a Halloween every year. And Christmas. These days I got jazzed to make the lattice quilt with scraps and just want to work on it daily. I hurt my back cutting for it! Simple block that allows me to play with color got me going again.
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in a slump right now. I have 2 projects started that are labor intensive and that makes it hard to get back to htem. A simple project, like the dissapearing 9 patch sounds like a great idea! I did some organizing last week, which also helps. I found fabric I forgot I had!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely LOVE your first block! Your fabric pull is perfection! :-)
    A clean and organized studio is my way of getting interested in a new project. Knowing where everything is and having clean, empty surfaces to work on is very inspirational (and relaxing)! Quilt on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like you need sticky traps to put in the corners of the room behind things - they catch so many little spiders and bugs that you don't even know you have in a room - I put one or two in each room of the house. I go through quilting slumps all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha!! That quilt room (the before pics) looks alot like mine! I feel more motivated to organize mine after looking at your progress!! Glad you got your sewing mojo back!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so need to de clutter my sewing room lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...