Thursday, February 18, 2021

A Box of Surprise and Some Playtime

 Who doesn't love a surprise box of goodies?  I purchased this scrap box of fabric from Daisy Cottage Quilts.  I had no idea what would be in the box.  It was listed as a medium flat rate box of scraps, no fabric pictures were included, just a picture of the box.  But Sharon of Daisy Cottage Quilts plays in my color pallet so I was pretty sure I was going to receive some cute fabric scraps. 


And Sharon did not disappoint.   I was hoping for reds and yellows because they are the colors are use the most and are lacking in my stash right now.  I'm pretty sure I squealed when I saw this print.  I just purchased a FQ of it a couple months ago but I wanted more and now I have it!


As I dug through the box it just kept getting better.  Do you see that?  Pam Kitty prints!   Yes I have these in my stash already but...a gal can never have to many PKM's.  

You can shop her store on Etsy she has a small shop with some yardage, quilt kits and bundles.  

To get a mystery box you will need to follow her on Instagram.  When she has a de-stash sale she'll let you know when it is and how to purchase.  Word of warning.  She's a very busy woman and sometimes(not all the time) her shipping from Instagram sales takes a week or two to get out the door. But I think it's worth the wait with great de-stash prices.  


This is the best scrap box I've ever purchased.  A pretty good amount of low volume prints were included.  The low volume prints will be great for Bonnie Hunter's next mystery quilt in November.   Sharon tossed in one yard of  solid white and 1/2 a yard of a green dot print.  There's a few novelty prints...UGG...but I think they can be incorporated into a Bonnie quilt if I cut them small enough.  You know Bonnie's rule about ugly fabric right?  "If it's still ugly, you just haven't cut it small enough." HA!  Some of my older prints I think would need to be shredded.  HA!


After playing and drooling over my box of goodies for far to long it was time to get busy.  I'm testing and reviewing a new product from Purple Hobbies.  The Binding Wheel review will be posted tomorrow here on my blog and on YouTube. 


Heather from Purple Hobbies is so creative and she loves feedback and ideas for new products.  She offered to make me an affiliate but I declined.   I feel being paid for my opinion would alter my opinion.  Last year she sent me a bunch of products to review.  I received nothing in return other than those products.  When I saw she had this new Binding Wheel I knew I had to try it out, so I ordered it immediately.  This is NOT a free to me product.  I paid full price.(psst...I'll have a discount code for you tomorrow)


If you missed out on my Nifty Notions  reviews click on the image below.  This image with a link is also on the righthand sidebar of my blog.  So you can comeback to my blog anytime and easily find all  the reviews.  



Well it's time to get busy and get some things done because....It's snowing again....YAH!  More playtime outside!⛄❅⛄











Pin It

2 comments:

  1. The mystery box was a great purchase, so much fun to get a package in the mail. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a great surprise box!! Love the comment at the end about our Faith!! So true.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...