Monday, July 26, 2021

New Quilt in Progress!

 I didn't need another project to work on but I just can't help myself.  The ideas keep flowing in and I must make at least one of them.  I designed a quilt block a few years ago and made it into a wall hanging.  It's time to do what I wanted to do with it years ago...a larger quilt.  The plan is to use up some scraps from my favorites scrap bin to make the quilt.  Somehow it never seems to get any smaller even though I work from it often.


A three color quilt with a white background.  Red, Green and Yellow is a very traditional color pallet but this quilt will not be so traditional.  I put a little Podunk spin on things.  That means cute, cute, cute!


Everything is cut and ready for a full day of stitching.  I'm hoping to get all the blocks made today.  Yes I'm a woman on a mission.  I can do this.  Nothing can stop me but me....well the dog can.  She's very demanding sometimes.  And lets not forget the trip to the post office to ship a huge box of homeschool material to my daughter.   I'll make it a duel purpose trip.  I can fix my lunch and take it with me.  Eating and driving isn't the best idea but it's not the worst either.  Don't worry, I live in the middle of nowhere so traffic is practically none.  Most of the time I never see another car until I get into town.  And then the town is so small the only cars I see are the ones parked at the side of the road in front of houses.  No traffic even in town.  So eating and driving is the plan.  I'm super excited about this cutie and can't wait to see her come to life.


More sneak peeks throughout the week!  See you soon!














Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So many sweet prints! Can't wait to see what you're making. Hurry!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have at least shown us the smaller quilt you made! I can't wait to see what you're starting, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...