My quilty mojo is running at full speed and there seems to be no signs of stopping. Maybe it has something to do with the lunar eclipse we had this week....HAHA! This is going to be quicky blog post. Let's start with what took up most of my time this week .... processing scraps into the scrap saver system.
Remember the yellow scrap bin from last week? After sorting through it, I cut nearly 150 circles for the Yo - Yo coverlet and somehow managed to turn the edges under on quite a few of them.
My #1 goal for last week was to get the Cake Stand quilt blocks on the design wall. TADA! All the blocks I had finished last week are on the wall. The goal was to sew together a few of the inset triangle units but I ran out of time. So that's going to the top of the list for this week.
I could have sewn a few on Sunday but I decided to finally put this quilt on the frame. It's been waiting far to long. The plan is to keep the custom quilting super simple and have her off the frame by next Monday.
Sorry for a short and sweet post but ..... the mojo is ready for more sewing time!






The cake stand blocks are so cute! The flimsy you are putting on the frame looks like it came from me with all those blues, happy quilting!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Your cake stand quilt is so nice! Look at those background blocks!! Love it!!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, those cake stand blocks look AMAZING all together on your design wall! I love it!
ReplyDeleteOh wow just look at all those beautiful cake stands, keep up the good work.
ReplyDeleteYou made progress on several fronts. You have been busy! The basket quilt is really cute. Happy stitching this week.
ReplyDeleteI love those cake stand blocks. It's going to be a great quilt.
ReplyDeleteO. M. G.!!! I love those Cake Stand blocks! What a brilliant way to use up all of those remnant HSTs - you must just be pinching yourself at how great it looks. Maybe there's hope for my little stash of HSTs too....
ReplyDelete