Saturday, August 8, 2026

An Old Friend Makes Local Shop Hop News!

 Coffee Cup Quilting was once a beloved local quilt shop here in Central Indiana, well known for offering the best fabric prices in the area.

While Claranna didn't stock all the latest fabric lines, she consistently offered quilt shop quality fabrics at remarkably affordable prices. As for how she managed it, I’m afraid her methods remain a trade secret. ... even if I am privy to them!

Sadly, Claranna had to pack up and move across the country to Las Vegas a year or two before the 2020 nonsense. Ultimately the nonsense forced her business to close. However, she refused to let that end her dream. She eventually decided to relocate again and landed in Greenville Alabama, where she is now thriving.

I still talk with her from time to time and follow her on social media. While she doesn’t have an online shop, I can always give her a call when local stores don't have exactly what I need. She is more than happy to text me photos of her current stock that might work for my project and ship it to me right away .... of course, I have to pay her for it! LOL.

I am so happy to see her living her dream and making new quilting friends. She is dearly missed by many of us here in Central Indiana. 

Remember the title of this post was basically an old friend makes local news?  She made the local news in Alabama!  How exciting is that?!!  Watch Claranna's video from the local news, WSFA12, by clicking here.  And hop over to the Coffee Cup Quilting Facebook page to give her a little quilty love and see how the shop hop is going.  






Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Blogger has decided to make all comments on my blog no reply comments. When this issue is fixed, I will respond to comments via email whenever possible. Until then, if you have a question, please feel free to email me at podunkpretties@gmail.com

Happy Stitching! Lea Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...