Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Quilts with Heart

Ten years ago today there was a huge snowstorm here in Podunk.  Why is that so memorable for me?  Because my co-worker(now Mr. Podunk) gave me a single red rose after swooping in and saving me from being stuck in the snow.   It's a long and boring story so I'll spare you the details and say the last 10 years have flown by because he's my best friend.  

While we're on the topic of love I thought it would be a good time to share my so called love or valentines quilt projects.  The first one is one made for my mom.  The quilt block was block 2 of the Erin Russeks "My Tweets" free BOM.  The blocks are no longer free but can be purchased here.  The border was designed by me but the idea came from one of Erin's quilts called Miss Belle


Below is "Summer Romance".  Designed and quilted by me.  It was supposed to be an entry in the first Missouri Star Quilts Iron Quilter challenge but due to biting off more than I could chew I missed the deadline.


The hand appliqued center took forever and then the quilting took even longer.


As most of you know I love to work out of my comfort zone.  It's the only way to expand ones knowledge.  The quilt below designed by me is called "Amour De Cerise".  One of the challenges in this quilt was to use valentine themed fabric.  Those of you that follow me on a regular basis know themed fabric is yukky in my book.


This was also a low volume background challenge.  I love how it turned out, even with the themed fabric.  It took one charm pack for the nine patches and fat quarter for the appliqued petals.


With the leftover scraps I made this small table topper.  You can find the free pattern here.


Another mini quilt made from the same scraps.  Not one piece of the charm pack was wasted.


"First Kiss" is one of my favorite designs.  Edited 7-7-17  I'll be writing a pattern and listing it for sale soon. 

"Hello Spring" below really isn't a Valentine quilt but since it has a red heart in the design it could be.  This is another free pattern in the tutorials tab at the top of my blog.


And the last quilt that could be considered a Valentine or Love quilt.  Made for a dear friend using her late husbands shirts.  She made the border blocks, I designed the rest, then quilted it for her.


I'm linking up at QuiltFabrications for a special Valentine Linky Parade.  Hop on over to be inspired and share a little little quilty LOVE.


~ Lea Anne ~

Pin It

13 comments:

  1. So many beauties here! I'm not a theme fabric person either...totally relate with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for your sharing all those lovelies, many I had not seen before. Summer Romance is stunning. BTW your link to Susan's Valentine linky party takes us to the sweet table runner pattern;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are beautiful, and the quilting is breath taking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some gorgeous Valentine Eye Candy here, Lea Anne. The quilting on Summer Romance is stunning. I can't imagine how many hours you must have in that alone. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Amour de cerise" is a really lovely block, Lea Anne. And your quilting on Summer Romance is spectacular! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love them all.Anyone is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such pretty heart projects! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented...that quilting is amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful patterns with us! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  9. Прекрасные работы! С Днём Святого Валентина ! Удачи и творческих успехов!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts: such a fun show and tell! So much talent!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilts, all of them. It's hard to pick a favorite from that set.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable!!!! Thank you for sharing them with us (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...