Wednesday, October 18, 2017

~ Christmas Memories Truck Quilt and Pillow ~

Hello dear friends!  It's cooling off here in Podunk.  The leaves are starting to change and our vegetable garden is done for the year.  So that means my attention switches over to the holiday season ahead and of course quilting.  While taking care of the garden and canning my harvest there was plenty of time to think about quilting.   I've had a year filled with feeling kinda nostalgic.   Canning my own harvest using many of my momma's canning supplies reminded me of a simpler times and fond memories of my childhood.  And with the weather cooling...Christmas!  We never had a real tree but I've always wanted one.  So the next best thing is a quilt depicting what I hope to someday accomplish. This is my newest pattern " Christmas Memories Truck Quilt".  


 It was so much fun keeping this quilt simple with just a touch of nostalgia.   The old pick up truck was fast and easy to make using large raw edge applique surrounded by pieced trees.  And what's quicker than scrappy nine patches made from jelly roll strips and strip piecing.  Bright and happy....taking me right back to my youth and seeing the tree wrapped with gifts on Christmas morning.  


 And what's a Christmas morning without candy canes?  The red and white stripe fabric seemed like the perfect finish on such a sweet quilt.  How many of you remember using a peppermint stick in an orange for a straw?  I wonder if they even make those porous tasty treats anymore?


 The only thing that could have made making this quilt better would have been a snowstorm in Indiana in October just for picture taking purposes.


Measuring 68" x 74" it's going to be  perfect for the back of my couch.  And for the grand kids to snuggle under as they wait for Santa.  Since I love this quilt so much and think you will too I'm reducing the price... 50% off for the next 3 days!  You can find the downloadable pattern here.


The quilt was so cute I just had to make a pillow match.  A quick dig through the scrap basket and a pillow was born.  "Christmas Memories Pillow"


The envelope closure back allows for easy storage and  quick redecorating.  This closure is my favorite way to finish a pillow cover.  It's quick and easy and you don't need worry about the pillow getting caught in a zipper.


 Binding the pillow like a quilt gives the illusion of piping. And if I get tired of using as a pillow, it can easily be hung on the wall as a wall hanging.


Remember when I said there was plenty of time for my mind to come up with ideas?  Well I've one more quilt pattern coming in a few days.  Here's a sneak peak below.


Thanks for stopping by my little spot in Podunk!

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

21 comments:

  1. Your design and your quilt look great. Love the fresh Christmas colours you have used.
    Cheers, Karen
    http://sunburntquilts.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this quilt! Off to purchase the pattern now:O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this quilt. I didn't even finish reading your post before I had to order the pattern. Thank you so much for such an adorable design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful quilt for Christmas. It will look great on the back of your couch. I'm off to purchase the pattern, too! Thanks, Lea Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lea Anne,
    Your quilt is adorable but please!! no snow in October in Indiana. I'm popping through to get to Michigan this weekend and would love to avoid the lake-effect blizzard. Back to the quilt - your fabric choices are just great. The pattern is great, too. I'll keep this in mind - I have a new great-nephew to sew for now. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! I love the nine patches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this quilt and went right to Craftsy and bought it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilt and pillow!! And we had a real tree for years: it was a LIVE tree that lived outside in a pot all year long, and then my husband and I would about bust a gut heaving that who knows how many pound thing in every December!! And one year there must have been some eggs layed on it because we had our own miniature "spring" hatch of some kind of gnats in our home!! And the cat loved to sit in the dirt of the pot :-) The good thing is that it was so heavy that the cat never tipped it over! :-) But the last few years I kept saying that we needed an artificial tree (I was afraid my hubby was going to seriously ruin his back, as we're not getting any younger!!), so now we have an artificial tree, and I love it: no more pine needles sprayed all over as the tree gets smooshed through the door-way, no more bugs coming in with the tree, and the fake tree is taller than 4 feet! Yahoo!!! Have a great day!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  9. your other quilt pattern looks so cute too!! Christmas Memories is in my cart, along with Sweet Sixteen: such great patterns!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable pattern! And your fabric picks were exactly right... I love the modern, cheerful palette, and the mix of applique and traditional piecing. And that Candy cane binding is spot on! Can't wait for that other quilt to be revealed, either - that's a tantalizing sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute Lea Anne. I purchased the pattern without hardly thinking about it HA, I just loved it ! Now to find the perfect green for background. Can't wait to make it! Thank you for the discount on the pattern. Hard to believe the holiday season is just around the corner. Janita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fun and pretty! A perfect snuggle quilt for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your choice of colors for BOM #4. Always impressed with the different fabrics and color combinations sewers come up with..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your quilt patterns.
    J Harrell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Do you make them and sell them? What about for next year? I have no clue how to quilt and could never ever make one!
    Malinda Woodring

    ReplyDelete
  16. I purchased the pattern on Friday and still haven't received it. Please let me know what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What site did you place your order? Was it a mailed pattern or Pdf? What is your name or email so I can look for your order. Pdf's are downloaded from the site where you placed your order. Send me your name and email and I'll be happy to look into this matter for you. podunkpretties@gmail.com

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...