Thursday, October 19, 2017

~ Santa Express Find ~

Happy Thrifty Thursday!  I just couldn't wait to share my latest thrifty find.  The panel below is called Santa Express by Riley Blake.  It's a few years old, 2013, but its still super cute.  Where did I find this cutie?   Ben Franklin's Crafts in New Albany, Indiana.  It would be nice if they had an online store so I didn't have to drive 2 hrs to get there.  But it was well worth the drive.

 At $3.99 a yard I just couldn't pass it up.  Today I'm pulling fabrics from my stash to make a few extra blocks to enlarge the panel.  I might even try cutting the panel blocks apart.  


Maybe I'll add the blocks my granddaughter help make.


So if you ever make to southern Indiana make sure you stop by Ben Franklin's Crafts in New Albany Indiana.  

Thanks for stopping by my little spot in Podunk!

~ Lea Anne ~ 
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that Ben Franklins were still in business!! I worked for them as an Asst manager here in FL back in the early 1990's--loved my job there--there are none left here in this area any more used to be at least 2 stores here--so happy that you have one somewhat--near you!! cute panel--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to shop at BF in Evansville all the time. Then they closed. Drats! I didn't know there was still any open!!! Must make a trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this is going to be a fun Christmas quilt. I love the strong colors. I remember Ben Franklin stores--but only vaguely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I used to go to Ben Franklin's with my grandmother when I wanted to get a new set of embroidery blocks. We don't have so many of them around anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely fabric. Should look great with the extra pieces you have found. Good luck.
    Cheers, Karen
    http://sunburntquilts.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. After I saw the fabric on Instagram, I made my husband take me to Ben Franklin's so I could buy it also. It is so cute. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the truck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...