Sunday, November 19, 2017

~ Santa Express ~

Hello quilting friends!  I'm excited to share my Design Wall today.  It's something simple but cute.


 I rarely work with panel prints but when I found this Santa Express by Riley Blake at Ben Franklin's I fell in love and knew it would make the perfect little quilt for my grand daughters.  So I purchased two!


After cutting apart the blocks, squaring them up(not easy or fun) then adding frames around them.  I realized I was going to need to add more blocks to this quilt.  The little Christmas tree blocks my grand daughter helped make a couple of months ago will make the perfect addition.


But that still wasn't enough to make the quilt big enough for her twin sized bed.  Two more blocks were needed.  So I quickly drafted an 11.5" Christmas present quilt block.


These look so adorable along side the sweet panel blocks.  


Each one is just as adorable as the next!  It makes me want to trace them and make my own applique from the images.


Want one these cute panels for yourself?  Well I did the leg work for you!  You can find them here.  And a little secret....Walmart has some great reds and greens that match this panel pretty well.  The red Christmas words fabric is one of them.  $.97 a FQ!
For more Design Wall inspiration hop over to
and 
and
and 

Thanks for stopping by my little spot in Podunk!

~ Lea Anne ~




Pin It

14 comments:

  1. That turned out great. I don't use panels often either but every once in awhile I find one that just makes me smile. I found 2 soft book panels for my grandkids but decided to make them some wall hangings out of them instead and add a few blocks and sashing too. Your quilt made me smile a lot and your grand daughters will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and happy quilt! I know your granddaughters will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing your creation and the source for the panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet...and mostly from a panel. Love seeing how others use panels. I did a panel but didn't cut it apart - I sewed/quilted it up into a baby sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two granddaughters also, sisters ages 9 and 3 and I make 2 of everything too! My latest quilts for them are finished for Christmas, Pretty Playtime Quilts, the sampler in the book, which I bought as a kit from Fat Quarter Shop using the fabric Elea Lutz designed and is the fabric used for the illustrations. They turned out so cute! I love making quilts for the girls and I try to do one almost every year. I have Christmas kits I bought a few years ago, but I like yours better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Using the panels, and adding to them, just makes it your own, and so much better! The finished quilt will be a great Christmas quilt to sleep under as your granddaughters wait for Santa. Thanks for linking to Design Wall Monday this week, Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an adorable panel. Your Christmas quilts will be darling and your granddaughters will love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really cute! The tree blocks and presents are darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute Christmas quilt. Great to see the other blocks added in too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Completely adorable, like the dear granddaughters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cute! I'm not one to use panels often, either, but this one is adorable. It will look so nice on her bed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lea Anne,
    Your granddaughter is SOO cute! She looks so darn proud holding that tree block. I love this panel, too! Thank you for all the link, and heads up about fabric at Walmart. Geez, I feel I should make one just because you did all that and it is cute. Just what I do not need - another project. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...