Monday, February 19, 2018

~ Attack of the Scraps! ~

This all started out as a need/want for a new quilt in the spare bedroom.  Then came a shopping trip that lingered for two days.  On the third day I finally finished cutting the pretty blue and yellow fabrics for the simple postage stamp quilt.  I may need to dig in the stash for a few more but this is a good start for a leaders and enders quilt.


Since I'm in the scrap cutting mood why not attack those white scraps that have been accumulating for years?  The box below is what's left after picking out what I could use in this project.


This gave me a chance to try out my new toy the Sizzix BigShot.  By the way Tuesday Mornings has these for $49.99.  I decided on the Sizzix because I can use dies from other companies, and at that price how could I pass it up.  Cutting for extended lengths of time are hard on my neck and shoulders but no pain what-so-ever after cutting for hours using this machine.


Then out of no where I had the craziest idea...... why not attack this basket of scraps on my cutting table.   Oh what the heck, 3 days have already been used up with this scrap adventure, what's one more day?  But that's it...no more...after the basket is empty it's back to sewing!  

'

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Lea Anne, I had a scrap cutting day yesterday too. Very relaxing, and no seam ripper needed. Don't forget to add a link back to Design Wall Monday within your blog post somewhere. Thanks for linking up, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking I need to start having scrap cutting days! All this scrapping going on is infectious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for cutting up some of those scraps. I let mine accumulate way more than I should. I need to USE some rather than add to any collections. I started with the Sizzix before they made an all out effort to provide dies for quilters. I still have it but use it infrequently. My go to is the Go Cutter. Hopefully, I'm not duplicating any dies though! Either of these are great so you can cut like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether I plan it or not, once I start cutting; it usually takes up at least a day. It is sort of relaxing--except for the neck and shoulder and wrist pain. Can't wait to see what you make with you pretty piles!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i rearranged fabric yesterday and now have a big bag of scraps to do. I love making scraps quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on all that cutting. I have a Go! to help me with mine and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of work with the scraps but what a wonderful achievement at the end of it. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blue and yellow look so good together! You did a great job on taming the scrap basket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are certainly ahead of me with scrap cutting. It feels good to get some organizing done so I better get busy too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You'll be glad you tackled all those scraps. Looking forward to watching your leaders and enders project come together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those blue and yellow look so good! Looking forward for the finish quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stash busting Lea Anne! I started out with the Sizzix Big Shot, it is a neat little machine. Isn't is a good feeling to work with scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I try very hard to keep my scraps under contol...I always have c them!!I need to ck out a cutting machine too...sissex is a good one I think...versatile w dies...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...