Monday, May 22, 2017

Little by Little

Happy Monday Morning!  It's another beautiful spring day here in Podunk.  I love these crisp chilly mornings when the windows have been left open the night before.  The smell of sweet honeysuckle vines goes perfectly with my morning cup of coffee while snuggling on the couch with my favorite quilt.  Not even the morning news programs can shake that feeling of sweet serenity.



It's gonna be another busy day of working in the gardens so these pretties on my design wall will just have to wait.  Can you tell I love dresden quilts?  One of these days I'll count just how many I've made over the years.  Each one uniquely different.  The dresden block is such a versatile and fun pattern that works well with my love of flowers and gardening.  The bright dresdens above are part of a free block of the month by Quilt Doodle designs.<---click there for more info.    Every month a new applique for the center is released.  It's not to late to join in but you'll need to purchase the first four months at a very reasonable price.  The rest of the year is free as long as you get them the month they are released.  Cindy's pattern are very well written and easy to follow.  And for the beginner she has added some in depth online tutorials on her blog.  She much more talented than I when it comes to curved piecing, so I had to make a slight change in my version of her pattern.  If you would like to see my alteration of appliqueing the center using her template click here.


The pastel dresden blocks are from a pattern called Sugar ~n~ Spice.  You can read more about the pattern and my alterations to this pattern by clicking here.
The little yo-yo's were time consuming but add a stunning effect to the dresdens.


Hopefully there will be some time at the end of each day this week to work on both of these projects.  Plus there's a new patriotic quilt I designed that I'd like to make a test block.  If I'm going to get all this accomplished I better get moving.  Happy Stitching, See you in a few days!


Oh I almost forgot to mention Design Wall Monday Linky party has a new host.  You can find the new party hosted by Judy Hansen over at Smallquiltsanddollquilts, hop on over link up or just be inspired.

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

16 comments:

  1. I adore the yoyos on the dresdens... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yoyo's are stunning on the dresdens - so creative! I've got some weeds to pull today; rain will be here for the next three so I should get busy too...but I'd much rather read quilting blogs! LOL Thanks for linking to MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those yo-yos look like cake frosting, how charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sure have one happy Design Wall in your house! Those Dresden's with the yo-yos are gorgeous. I can't wait to see what is in store with those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much I love your yo-yos on this Dresden block; what a sweet addition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's going to be a great quilt. Love ❤️ the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yoyos look like tiny icing forets - that can't be bad, can it??? Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blocks! I haven't had any time to do any sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use yoyos on a dresden plate block. I love it! Thanks for participating in Design Wall Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore the Sugar n' Spice Dresden blocks. The yo-yos really dress it up. And your yo-yos look so uniform. I guess after making that many they're bound to look good. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not seen yo-yos used this way before they work so perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love your two Dresden quilts, this is my favorite quilt block and the colors you used are right up my alley, thank you for sharing. This is totally eye candy for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lee Anne,
    Those little cute yo-yos look so pretty in the middle of the dresden plate blocks. I love that idea! ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those yoyos on the dresdens. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both sets of Dresdens are so pretty, but I really like the ones with the yo yo centers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...