Friday, October 19, 2018

~ Podunk Plaid ~ Friday Finish ~

Hey Happy Quilters!  It's so nice to have a Friday Finish.  This will be my last fall/autumn quilt for the year.  Say Hello to Podunk Plaid.  

photo taken at Wallace Farms, Martinsville IN
Finishing at 63" x 72", she is the sweetest little thing.  The idea for this quilt came from a scrap pile of Autumn Love Fabrics  used in two recent quilts.  While doing the quilt math I realized the scraps were not going to be enough even though the pattern uses mostly Fat 8's.  So what the heck...order some more!  Once the fabric arrived this little gal came together in a flash.  Strip piecing is one of the best quilting tricks ever, don't you think?


A quick dig through the stash produced the perfect Riley Blake Yellow dot fabric for the backing.  Not sure when or where it was purchased but I'm sure glad it was in there.


Another quilt that is out of my color comfort zone.  ORANGE!  Who would have thought I could love orange so much.  It could be that Aqua border causing the swoon feeling. 


After completing the quilt, I started wondering how it would look in my favorite RED.  Oh.... now isn't this just darling?  My little grand daughter would look so cute curled up in this on Christmas Eve.


And since Halloween is just around the corner.  It really does look great in so many different colors. 


The pattern can be found in both of my online shops.  Craftsy for PDF only patterns.  And Etsy for PDF and Mailed patterns.



~ Lea Anne ~




Other patterns available in Etsy and Craftsy shops.




Pin It

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...