Wednesday, May 1, 2019

~ Making a test Block ~

I started out this year with a plan in place to design fewer quilts and write patterns for quilts I have already made.  My email inbox has a category for pattern requests from followers or a random person who has seen one of my quilts in an online search.  This plan would free up some time and allow me to learn more about the technical side of social media and to get out of my comfort zone and start doing events such as trunk shows or teaching.  This has turned out to be a hard plan to follow.  I'm a quilter!  Not a tech guru.  Time in the Studio is a must to keep my sanity.   It's a good thing I'm only accountable to me because my plan is already a couple months behind.   Since I feel a need to sew the next pattern release will be an older quilt but I'm reworking the design.  Redesigning means I get to sew!  All this pinned up sewing and quilting energy needs an outlet. It feels so good to let my instincts take control and create.
  


There's a lot of information that I could share here on the blog through words and pictures.  Since I'm crunching time everyday it seemed easier to make a video as I sewed the test block.  This video is totally unscripted and I'm flying by the seat of my pants.   So it's as real as you can get with some edits to help you understand what I was trying to get across.  








#makersgonnamake #quiltersgonnaquilt #quilting #machineappliquetips #machineapplique #scrappymakesmehappy #podunkpretties Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for doing a video on "Tips & Tools for Machine Applique." It was so kind of you to share
    your knowledge & experience, especially since you do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lea Anne for the videio, I really appreciate your tips on the thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I needed a refresher on this method as I have just one more flower to go on a border I made six months ago! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...