Tuesday, March 17, 2020

~ Pinch of This and That ~

Hello! Happy Quilters!  Spring is in the air and it won't be long before we start seeing spring flowers peeking up through the dull Podunk winter landscape.  The next few weeks will be filled with a lot of extra outdoor chores.  So I'm working hard to finish up a few projects.  This weeks project is the Gingerbread Man quilt.  An afternoon dig through the stash produced this cute little print from Bonnie and Camille's Smitten line of fabric.  It's perfect!


Years ago when I first started buying designer fabrics the selvage of fabric was often was blank.  Occasionally you would find the brand and designers name.  Today's fabric yardage often has surprises and hidden gems on them.  I love the little message on this one.  Maybe it's the name of this print?  Whatever it is, it made me smile.


Yesterday while contorting myself(and cursing) to make some adjustments on the quilt frame I came up for air and to stretch my cramping muscles and saw this.  Awe...my studio looks so pretty when it's clean.  This too put a smile on my face and made me forget about my current quilt frame issue and body struggles.  My Happy Place can make the worst of days seem brighter.   


After all the stretching and contorting I needed a break and a snack.  So I pulled out the homemade liver pate and made some cheese crackers.  This is so yummy!  Miss Khaleesi loves it too!  We feed her a raw chicken and a smidgen of cooked liver everyday.  Liver is full of nutrients and it's cheap.  If you would like to make a liver pate you can find the recipe I used here.  The cheese crackers are nothing more than melted cheese and believe it or not they are crispy just like crackers.  Much healthier than store bought crackers.  No wheat, no gluten, no sugars, just cheese.  You can find the instructions to make them here. 


Fair warning... pate isn't pretty. 


How much does Khaleesi like liver?  She's focused on it in the picture below.  She'll do anything for a little liver.  Even if it is humiliating like a silly little hat.  Happy St. Patrick's Day!


A little reminder about my giveaway for a jelly roll rug pattern and a tool to help make a jelly roll rug.  Click here to enter.







Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Khaleesi certainly is focused! At least she's minding manners, not like a cat we used to have that would jump right up and snatch the liver and run, while we were standing right there preparing it.

    I'll have to try those cheese crackers - for some reason I thought they'd be sort of flexible or rubbery, not cracker crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that pic of Khaleesi! She is such a beauty and sweetie! For the life of me though, that liver is NOT appealing! LOL Being keto, I do love those cheese crackers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Khaleesi! You're just a beauty. Is it the liver that keeps you so fresh looking? Liver, ewwww.
    Lea Anne your studio is so pretty!LeeAnna at not afraid of color leeannaquilts at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...