Sunday, October 30, 2011

I went to my first quilt show this week!

  And it was amazing.  Well overwhelming is a better word.  How do you take all that in and not get just giddy like a little school girl.  Being so excited I kept forgetting to take pictures.  And when I did take them I forgot to take pictures of who made the quilts.  So being fair to the owners I'll not post your pictures here because I can't give you the recognition you so deserve.   I'll be going to another in 2 weeks and I'll excitement under control and have a little show and tell. 

 Well we'll just have a little quilt show of our own.  Here's what some things I'm working on and some finishes.  I bought this panel from our local quilts shop, but you can purchase it at blockpartystudios.com  they have several different patterns and panels.


 And this is what I made from this lovely panel.  I love the softer colors.  In a few weeks I hope to have the quilt finished that's currently under construction and will match this little beauty.

 Finally after a year this one has made it out of the sewing studio and to its owner.  Every holiday I try to make a wall hanging for my mom to put in her hair salon.   Machine issues and a busy season but this in the UFO pile for quite awhile.  That dark spot you see around the face is just water I used to remove the marking pen.  Patience is not one of my best qualities or I'd waited for it to dry before taking the picture.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...