Wednesday, June 14, 2023

In the Weeds

 Hello Quilty Friends!  Once again I've gone a little MIA here in blogland.  But there's been plenty of action here in Podunk, just not in the Quilting Studio.  


For two or three years the yardwork was not taken care of in the way I normally would due to health issues.  Mr. Podunk took up the slack and did the best he could...or would, I'm not sure which, but I'm grateful for either.  So this year I'm able to be in the sun again and enjoying every minute of hard work.  Can you believe this is a flowerbed?


There was more weeds than flowers and it took about 3 weeks to finish.  


Hopefully next year it will fill in with the many perennials added this year.  By the way, I moved all those rocks by myself!  Well, all but 4 or 5 that were too heavy for me to lift.


And there's more rocks to add to the landscaping.  Our neighbor/farmer is in the process of removing some of their rock gardens and flowerbeds.  She wasn't looking forward to getting rid of all the rocks and was tickled pink when I offered to take them off her hands.  It was a win for both of us.  Thankfully Mr. Podunk helped me dig up the rocks and move them.  However, I will be the only one moving them into place unless they are to heavy for me.


This small section of landscaping in the front of the house was done a few years ago and I'm looking forward to finishing.


In between landscaping, mowing and trimming back the wooded overgrowth I'm also keeping up with the veggie garden.  With so much to do outside there's no time to quilt.  But I think I can finish the landscaping in a couple weeks.  Estimating how quickly I can finish a project is not my strong suit so if I think I can get it done in two weeks it might really take four.😁 Wouldn't be nice if I could finish it earlier than 2 weeks?


Maybe Mr. Podunk will have pity on me and pitch in from time to time.  I'm not going to hold my breath.  He works hard all day at work, so I don't expect him to work even harder when he gets home in the evening.  However, he will need to move this big rock the farmer brought over with his tractor.


You think the rock above is big, check out this one!  This is at the end of my neighbors driveway.  Debbie has allowed me to use her property for many use to photograph my quilts.  Her farmhouse was built in the 1800's.  There has been many updates and add-ons but the original house is under all the updates.


A big ole thank you to Debbie for everything!


For now it's time to get back to work outside.
I'm looking forward to getting back in the Studio.  But until then you may see a few more non quilting blog posts.

Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!




 



Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'd rather spend time outside than sewing also. Your flowerbeds are going to be so beautiful when you're finished with them. Just don't overstrain yourself lugging those rocks around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardening project estimates are like my quilting project estimates -- everything always takes me 3x as long as I expect it to. I'm glad you're able to be out in the sun again and getting your hands dirty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...