Friday, May 26, 2017

Seeing Stars

We've had a couple of rainy days here in Podunk.  A much needed rain.  My garden is loving every drop.  And I loved every drop also.  It gave ME some much needed quality time in my Studio.   This quilt was inspired by a much more complicated design that I'll share when the quilt top is complete.  My test block below stitched up super quick using raw edge fusible applique.


As I was cutting the applique I noticed the salvage, the only words "MADE IN THE USA".  Perfect for a patriotic quilt pattern!  I love that almost all the fabric used in this quilt is American made.  Yes I'm feeling a little Betsy Ross patriotic right now.


The border will be made using several different reds.  For my thrifty quilters out there, you might recognize the Walmart fabrics.  No fabric snobbery in Podunk.


30 blocks completed, and my quilty soul is feeling recharged.  Now it's back to the garden.


Pin It

11 comments:

  1. I like rainy days too...and so does my garden! Your patriotic blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blocks and the fabrics are so pretty! Looks like it will be a fun quilt. Maybe you can use a small piece of the selvage that says Made in the USA on the label or in a block to add some interest. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your stars and look forward to your finish. I need to come up with a plan for my annual patriotic quilt for my family and might have to borrow your star idea. Glad you had some sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty stars. A very fun project for this holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fabrics are very pretty. I am not snobbish about my fabrics either. Whatever works for the quilt that I am making is what I am going to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blocks.... Makes me want to run to walmart and see what they have ; ) Happy Memorial Day ! Janita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect blocks and fabric for today and July 4th. I find great fabric at Walmart, also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got in some sewing time! We are getting rain now and will all day tomorrow as well. Perfect time to do some sewing. Your blocks look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been eying that red fabric myself! Going to be a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Walmart has some nice fabric now. I have a patriotic quilt started using some of the same fabrics you used in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What size are your blocks? Will a tutorial be coming? I have to tell you a group of friend have been working on first kiss! We love that pattern!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Love this new quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...