Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Vintage finds

As all of you know I'm not one to stay on task.  Today the unfinished spare bedroom redo is back on the task at hand list.  Painting today..Yeah!  Look what I found in the drop cloth pile.  
This is the good side...
....the bad side
Putting on my Quilt Inspectors Glasses... Fabric looks to me to be from the late 80's early 90's...
Hand stitched...probably by child slave labor, more than likely this was store bought in my humble quilters opinion.  My decision is based upon the poly batting and birthing method instead of binding.  Still its a shame that such a pretty quilt has been treated so poorly.  Yep I'm using it today as my drop cloth.  The damage is already done.
And while digging around for an old sheet I ran across one of my vintage sheets...still in perfect condition...this is an original not a reproduction.
 I must say I don't know my own strength...OOPS!  Broke three pieces of oogie walnut stained trim that was to be painted...darn..
 The view on my back porch, I should be showing you daffodils and crocus but mother nature had other plans
Until next time dear friends "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea




Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...