Thursday, January 6, 2022

Big Beautiful Florals Bloom

Seriously, How could I not buy these?  They are gorgeous.  Big, beautiful, bright florals.  It's getting so hard to find colors like this.


Sure it's not the best quality of fabric but it's not the worst either. If the designer companies would make florals like this, I'd buy them.  Our local quilt shop has a great selection of  almost everything but they can only stock what is available.  And colors like these are few and far between these days.  I've ordered four different FQ bundles in the last few months.  Online they look amazing.  My heart sinks when I finally get to see them.  Muted tomato soup reds, cheddar yellows, peachy pinks.  The color names are very deceiving. Blushing pink should be pink not peachy.  I'm convinced they are editing the images to make the fabric look amazing online. When I take a picture of them, transfer them to my computer they look like they do in real life, awful.  So when I spied these I didn't even care what they cost or the quality. They are mine before they are gone!  I know they will sell quick.  I need a bolt or two!  Walmart.com had bolts but they didn't last long.  Sadly, I put them in my online cart and waited too long to make my decision.
 

That's okay because our local store also has these prints.  And there's a lot more on the Walmart website that isn't available here but can be shipped to store or home.  One yard cuts and three yard cuts are both available online.  I'm giddy about every one of the prints and want them all.  Looks like I'll be purchasing my own Valentines present early again this year.   No cut flowers for me, they die.  These flowers will last much longer.
The beautiful fabric inspired more than my quilty creativity, it inspired my word of the year.  Not that I put a whole lot of  thought or stock in the word of the year but I was looking for one.  It's nice to set goals for the year but rarely do any of us stick to them all year long.  Every year I say this is the year and every year I fail.  However, I do feel I'm getting better at working towards my goals.  

So the personal goal or "resolution"  is to just do better at what I do no matter what I'm doing.  My word of the year is...


Basically it means to "Bloom Where You Are Planted".  The meaning of this statement means something a little different to so many so called experts online.  So me being an expert about me I came up with what it means to me.

Just be me and do what I do.  Do the best that I can.  Try to stick with a plan to the best of my ability.  When the plan gets to difficult to work, work it anyway.  See what happens.  Be the best that you can be, give it your all, while giving yourself grace.  Grow gracefully and naturally.  Just BLOOM.

The Bloom image above will be put in the sidebar of my blog as my reminder.  I'm also going to print one out for my studio also.   Making it the first thing I see everyday.

Thanks for stopping by my little spot in Podunk!

Until next time...

~ I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet ~


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fabric Prints.
    I love bright colors also. I have "hoarded" boxes full of them.
    I am sewing as fast as I can.
    Happy New Year
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wish I had done the same. I hoarded all other fabrics but not the larger florals. But now I will! Happy Stitching and Happy New year!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! The main floral in most lines of fabric sell out fast for backings. I wish these backing companies would catch on to the trend.

      Delete
  3. The fabrics today, for the most part, are so monochromatic and blah. I love Kaffe fabrics and batiks and I think it's because there are so many different colors in each piece. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with your new beauties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, BLAH fabrics is the perfect word. Kaffe is a little out of my style but I do own some believe it or not. I have a someday quilt plan for them.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...