Thursday, July 4, 2024

Stars And Stripes Finish!

Hey Quilty Friends! I'm  super excited about my latest quilt finish and the fact that I'm ready for the 4th of July shindig at my house today.  Everything is cooked and cleaned. The checklist was complete a day ahead of schedule, can you believe that?!

 


The quilting was quick and easy.  I started quilting it late Saturday night. 


The plan was to quilt it on my sewing machine but at the last minute I decided to use the frame quilter due to my shoulder injury caused by my dog. The doctor told me to use my shoulder as much as I could stand or it would lock up on me.  Sitting and piecing was not comfortable but it was tolerable. The pushing and tugging on the quilt to quilt it would put even more pressure on my shoulder joint.  So, I tested how it would feel to pull and  push my frame quilter. It was much easier but allowed movement of the shoulder.  So, the UFO quilt on the frame was removed.....


....and within an hour I had this girl on the frame.


On Sunday hubby gladly ate leftovers for breakfast and dinner while I quilted my tail off and took frequent breaks to ice my shoulder.


By 9:30 pm she was quilted and bound.


I'm not happy with the label but at least it has one.  The sewing machine doesn't make pretty letters.  Hopefully someday soon I'll find a good deal on and embroidery machine.
The label was added to the backing before quilting, it makes it harder to remove. 


 I can live with an ugly label as long as the front makes my little ole heart go pitter-pat.


Do you know how to tell if I really love a quilt? It's pretty easy.  I can't stop taking and sharing pictures and I will share more than what is necessary in a blog post.  I took about 20 pictures and had a hard time deciding which ones to share.  (the free pattern can be found here)


This quilt he will be used as decor on hubby's rocking chair on the back porch.  


She's hiding a really ugly but comfortable chair.  Hubby loved how the chair felt on his rear and back but oh that cow print...EWW!  We decided in the store to buy it for the feel and not the looks.  Eventually one of us will try to remove and replace the cow print fabric.  For now, hiding it will work just fine.


Of course you can't have just one quilt when there's two rockers.  My rocker is was a prop when I had my quilting business.  After I closed my business she came out of the office to her new home on the back porch.  My back porch isn't going to make the cover of Better Homes and Gardens but she makes us happy.


Wishing you all a wonderful 4th of July!  








Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your new quilt is perfect for today! Have a wonderful day with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful finish, nice that you were able to get it done in time to enjoy the rest of this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt is awesome. Thinking about making one myself, but I need another quilt like....well, you know what I mean LOL Enjoy your day !!! I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Opps, When you don't post. I enjoy reading them-DEB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...