Saturday, June 29, 2024

Patriotic Quilt Top Ready To Quilt

 Hey Happy Quilty Friends!  I'm super pleased with how this quilt came together.  Cutting the red and white fabrics was the hardest part.  Once they were cut it came together super fast.

Over the last year or so I've been using my floor as a design wall.  It's quicker if I use the wall so I need  to move my sewing table to access the entire wall.  

The sewing table isn't as heavy as it looks.  It glides across the tile floor pretty smoothly.  Within a couple of minutes I was ready to layout the blocks on the wall.


Yep, it's messy but who's going to see it besides me and you?


I pieced it in horizonal rows as I usually do even though my eyes were telling me to sew the star blocks together first.  I'll be honest, if I had tried to piece this in vertical rows I would have messed up the block layout.  Even with the simple design I would have turned the blocks the wrong direction, especially the star blocks which are tilted in opposite directions.  Am I the only one who is directionally challenged?


I also wanted to make sure none of the repeat fabrics were touching one another.  As far as I can tell, mission accomplished.


Now to get this girl quilted before the 4th of July.  Wish me luck!  This year we are having the festivities here in Podunk.  I don't need this to be finished for the shindig, I'm just setting a goal for the fun of it.  There's lots of work to be done before this coming Thursday so I better get quilting.








Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This quilt is perfect to be displayed for the 4th of July and every other patriotic holiday! Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...