Monday, February 4, 2013

Design Wall Monday and a TIP

A few months ago I began digging through my scrap box and sewing up HST's using Printable Papers found here.  Last night during the Super Bowl (By the way it was a great game!) I needed a project that would keep my hands busy but not my eyes, so I began ripping off the papers.  Here's the layout I came up with. It'll finish at 12".
Tearing off all those papers was a chore.  Even though I had my stitches set small the paper still wanted to pull my end stitches out.  So here's my TIP if you use printer paper to make these.

A jar with with a few inches of water, a dishcloth, wet and rolled.
Push the wash cloth down in the water.  Should it start to dry out just push down in the water and pull it back up.  Now I place these between my legs as I sat on the couch with a quilt draped over my lap(in case the game got exciting and I spill the water) I had the jar closest to me and then the bowl sitting behind that, with the box of HST's to my right and the finished ones to my left.


First fold on the seam, paper side to the outside
 
 Swipe the seam just as you would your credit card when buying more fabric.
 It doesn't take much to get it wet enough to work.  
Fold the paper back, creasing it with your thumb.
and rip
 and rip
For the most part, the paper came off clean, but some left behind very minimal traces of paper.
Finger press
   This box had 720 HST's, not sure how many I actually finished. 
Until next time "Quilt out of your Comfort Zone!"
Lea


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...