Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Ready to quilt

I hadn't planned on writing a post today until one of my followers asked how I planned to quilt the Lone Star.  As a general rule I keep the quilting simple on all the Lone Stars I make.  Only one of them has custom quilt it death and that's because it's mine.
I've found that non quilters don't really care for quilt it to death quilts.  They want a quilt that feels like what Grandma used to make...cuddly, cozy, and comforting.


Even though the quilting is simple, it took me 4 hrs to get the lines drawn for quilting on the domestic machine.  Not because it was a hard design, it was because I kept changing my mind....Imagine that....me...fickle?   Surely not!  


The corners and triangles will all have 7 quilted lines, those were easy to draw.


I'll stitch in the ditch on both sides of the dark blue frame border.   And the star will be straight lines that follow the seams.  Simple and as quick as possible.  


~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

9 comments:

  1. this is goint to be a wonderful quilt x isn't it always the "simple" designs that take the longest time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt is so beautiful! I love the ideas of the quilted lines radiating out. It's going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how fast you make a quilt! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can make them quick when I "have" to. Normally I like a much slower pace.

      Delete
  4. Look at that workmanship! Flat and perfect. You are amazing! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very curious to see how this comes out. I think you have some great ideas. I recently played around with lone stars on the longarm. I think they'd actually be easier to quilt at home, because long, straight lines are not yet my friends on the big machines, and I think what you've drawn looks great; particularly the radiating lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sent you some bloggy love today and linked to you! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilt. Even though you used a lot of blue, it still reminds me of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't know how I missed this...WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...