Saturday, February 6, 2016

More about the shirts pattern

These little shirts are a hot topic in my email box.  It happens everytime I post pictures of them.  There's been many request for a tutorial.  Well girls, I would if I could.  This is a published pattern.  It's called "Aloha Shirts" By Beyond the Reef.  


It's been a few years since Connie purchased the pattern at a LQS....So...
After a little searching I found the pattern at Aloha Quilt shop, click here to go straight to the pattern. The little buttons were purchased at Joann's a few years ago but I'm sure they still have them. 


Just how big are these blocks? Well they are 9 inches before setting them on point.  My blocks finish at 12 inches.   Now I'd like to tell you they were super easy.  But we had to use the folding instructions for each and every block.  Maybe it was because we were talking and quilting, maybe it's because we're dense.  Whatever the reason I'd definitely make these again even though I found them a bit complicated.


Our quilt is still on the wall collecting dust while I piece the easier quilt patterns from Connie's husbands shirts.


See you tomorrow when I'll resume Podunk Pickin's and hopefully another quilt finished quilt top.

~ Lea Anne ~

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I've found some tutorials in Youtube for making an Origami Aloha/Hawaiian Shirt (with scrapbook paper, but I think I could do something similar with fabric). It seems a little tricky, but I'll give it a try... they are so pretty that it will be worth it!

    I'm not sure if I can post a link here, but the tutorials are easy to find. This video shows not only how to make the shirt but also how to add a necktie, great idea! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX_LNkpfJtA

    Greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shirts are just so fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...