Earlier in the month I said I wasn't going to change anything about Connie's "Main" quilt. Ehhh....what can I say...I'm fickle. As you can see below I changed the white flowers to blue. This applique was originally on a brown background fabric that looked like chocolate milk....ewwww...yuk. When I switched to the lighter background my little flowers wilted away into the background. Connie would have love it, even with the wilted flowers, but this only took about an hour to fix.
All that's left is to stitch the lettering in place. The baskets and wreath applique were made using freezer paper and turning the edges under before glue basting them to the quilt. Invisible machine applique using Superior Threads Mono-Poly thread made this process much quicker. The lettering is raw edge using Heat -n- Bond Lite. Normally I wouldn't use two different types of applique on one quilt but with my rush to get these quilts finished it's a must. My thoughts on adding more applique were just that...thoughts. I'm ready to call this one done. One more afternoon of sewing and she'll be ready for the "Quilt it" pile.
The wreath was designed special for Connie. But I'm thinking I might eventually make a wall hanging or design entire quilt around this one center block. It's the little blue birds that keep drawing me in. Even with the hard to work with shirt fabrics they are just adorable.
A quick note about yesterdays First Kiss Quilt tutorial. If you read it early in the day and saved the PDF you'll need to go back and do it again. I realized after publishing that some of my measurements were wrong. It's fixed on the blog and in the PDF. Thanks for you patience and understanding.
~ Lea Anne ~Pin It