Monday, August 27, 2018

~ Fall is in the Air~

Hi Sweet Quilty Friends!  We had some unseasonably cool weather last week.  It only lasted a couple of days but it was long enough to get the love of Autumn kick started.  Well going shopping at Hobby Lobby was also a big help.  The fall decor this year is loaded with black gingham.  Yeah gingham!  You all know my love of gingham....ANY COLOR!  The starts of a new series of quilt patterns has begun.  Inspiration is a funny thing, you just never know when or where it will happen or where it will lead once it strikes. 


While prepping my fabrics for cutting I had to stop for a bit to read every word on this fat quarter from the Autumn Love collection by Riley Blake.  It brought a smile to my face and a calming in my heart.  Not every fabric has this overwhelming effect, especially fabrics in gray and black...colors I rarely use.  Of course fabric makes me happy but blacks and grays?...not so much.  


It really is the little things that make the difference.   Could this be the start of a new love affair with darker colors?  Or is it just a quick fling?  Only time will tell.  For now I'm loving where this inspiration is headed.

~ Lea Anne ~
Pin It

8 comments:

  1. beautiful fabrics - I love halloween colors and I look forward to the results of your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll need to get me some WORD fabric now..you have inspired me. I know you are about to make something beautiful. can't wait.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, i looked on line and couldn't find the gray word fabric in yardage.... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know. I ordered a yard from the FQS last night. :)

      Delete
  4. ALWAYS GORGEOUS! I love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see what you are making: it looks like it is going to be fun! And that fabric from riley blake, I think is from Lori Holt's fall line. She is doing a quilt along that just started. Go check out the quilt: so cute!!! http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/ Have a great week!! Hugs, H

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love getting your emails to see what you are working on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...