Tuesday, March 26, 2019

~ Busy Work ~

 It's that time of year when life in Podunk gets super busy.  After a winter of little to do but hide out in the house it is a nice change of pace to have a schedule full of outdoor chores.  Sneaking into the Studio for a little me time is essential to keeping my sanity.  Late yesterday afternoon I found time to play with these gorgeous bundles by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter.  


Because I'm torn on whether or not to dig into these girls I'm borrowing fabric images from Riley Blake and Penny Rose Fabrics.  Amy's first line Gingham Girls stole my heart.  Such a sweet line of fabric that reminds me of the many calico dresses momma made for me back in the 70's.


 I was hooked after the first line.  The cheery brights and happy prints are the perfect fit in my stash.  The Sunnyside Ave.  Gingham with flowers is just too cute!


When the Gretel line was announce I'll admit I was a bit skeptical of the pink in this line.  But now it just wouldn't look right without it!  The prints in this line remind me of Pennsylvania dutch mix with a little Nordic and Scandinavian.  Cute as can be whatever the inspiration.


While were on the subject of the vintage look and style, look the birthday surprise I received in the mail this week.  The color of the mug reminds me of the decor in the first house I bought back in the early 90's.  Are these colors having a comeback?  Do you remember the slate blue, mauve and sea foam green decor?  I do!  I even had a little peach thrown into the mix. My kids called my living room the Neapolitan Ice Cream room.  Kids!  Everything is sweet treats! 


So who sent this amazing handcrafted mug from Rachel Allene?  My dear friend Bev.  I bet some of you remember Bev from 44th Street Fabrics blog and Blossom and Bev.  She no longer blogs but she's still very active on Instagram.  Her color inspiration is just as bright and happy as ever!  Pop over and say hello on Instagram, I'm sure she would love to hear from some old blogging buddies!


 Bev has been a big help when it comes to my new fur baby.  She has tons of information on dog psychology.  We talk on the phone almost daily about anything and everything.  She has been the best friend a gal could have over the last few years.  If it wasn't for her I'm not sure I could handle Khaleesi.   Khaleesi is improving daily and fitting into our world much faster than I thought.   This is her first fishing trip with Mr. Podunk.  She was mesmerized by the fish.  We thought for sure she was going to jump in after them. 


Everyday she is showing signs of being on the mend.  In the last week she has found her voice and isn't afraid to let me know when she needs or wants my attention.  Mr. Podunk is a little jealous of our bond.  Khaleesi and I spend every minute of everyday together.  We eat, play and sorta sleep together.  No she's not in my bed but she is in the same room.  Most of the time she is on the floor right under where I sleep.  Twice a day we head outside for training and playtime.  So when I left on Sunday to spend the day with my dad Khaleesi had a bit of an anxiety attack.  Pacing and whining.  Later in the afternoon on my way home I called Mr. Podunk to see if he needed anything from town before I returned home.  In the background I could her Khaleesi whining and barking.  It wasn't an aggressive bark, it was more of her way of saying "Hey why can't you understand what I want!"  She does this to me all the time when she wants or needs something.  It's also her way of saying it's passed time for us to go outside and play.  Mr. Podunk said she had been a mess since I left.....AWE....poor baby, but it made me feel good knowing she was so attached to me.   It'll be interesting to see her progress over the summer.  Right now she's barking and telling me "It's time to play!  Let's go outside, NOW!"......LOL!








#pennyrosefabric #amysmartfabric #ginghamgirlsfabric #sunnysideavefabric #gretelfabric #germanshepherd #podunkpretties
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. It warms my heart to hear this..thanks for continuing to share. In addition, i busted my stash on my gingham girls FQ bundle i had on hand and am doing 2 BOM programs. It is such a beautiful fabric line. I"m a pink gal and like your little coffee cup!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics. I love the colours you use, bright and happy. Thanks for the link to Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the khalesi update... she's so pretty. She is going through an accelerated puppyhood, seeing things for the first time. Our Milo is 2 and he has that same curiosity and intensity while studying something that she shows. Those fabrics are pretty... just your style!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again! Here's the update I wanted to see - I just needed to go back a day. So glad things are working out. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! I'm so happy about Khaleesi!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...