Monday, May 1, 2023

Lone Star Quilt Progress

 Hello Quilty Friends!  Just a quick pop in to share the progress on the Lone Star quilt.  It was another busy weeks so I didn't get as much done as I would have liked.  Only three of the six strip sets were pieced.


Hopefully this afternoon I can finish the other three and subcut them into strips.


This quilt will be exactly like the last four Lone Stars I made last year.  I used EQ8 to help with the color placement.  The only difference is the background will be black instead of white.


I'm such a visual person.  In order to keep the color placement correct I cut out one section of the star and number them.  


This basket of scraps is from the first four quilts I made.  So many piecing errors.  It was quicker to make more strips sets than to rip out stitches so I have a ton of scraps.  Not sure what I'll do with them, maybe an improv quilt.  It's not my thing but it'll use them up quick...someday.


Until next time...

I hope you find time to stitch up something sweet!







Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I love your color combination, it will be very striking against a dark background! Kaye M

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing-- sometime would you please write a post about using machine quilting rulers? Do you use them on your long arm? There are so many different brands and shapes , it is confusing to me. They are expensive and if I buy some I want them to be used often and not just sitting in a drawer! I got a Bernina Q 20 sit down machine in October and have just been doing free motion so far. I would appreciate any suggestions that you have . Kaye M

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I used longarm quilting rulers. Several brands of rulers. I've never had one not work. I'm not sure if a sit down quilter uses the same rulers.

      Delete
  3. Love lonestar quilts. Can't get the nerve up to start one but need too. I don't have a computer program to place the colors....I'm very visual.. I usually don't use a pattern but can wing it my own way sometimes. Give us a tutorial on color placement visually. This quilt w be as beautiful as all yr quilts are dear!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...