Monday, September 28, 2026

Quilt Top Finish - 169 Cake Stand Blocks

After a year of sporadically working on the Cake Stand quilt, it’s finally a quilt top! 

I’m pretty sure I deserve to do a little happy dance for this one. 

For all of my math loving readers here's the numbers.
The quilt top finishes at 91 x 91
Total piece count is a whopping 
6188
Yep, you read that right.  No wonder it took me a year to get this one together!


This week the plan is to piece the quilt backing from the yellow and teal floral yardage, make a label and attach it to the backing, and then make the binding.  Speaking of a label, I've not come up with a name for this quilt.  Any suggestions other than Cake Stand?


The rest of the week I'll be focusing on quilting the blue quilt on the frame.  I didn't make one stitch in her for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait to quilt up the cake stand quilt, so that's just the push I need to get ole blue quilted and off the frame.  I guess she’s been waiting patiently long enough.


It was a busy week in the sewing room by the end of each day I wasn't in the mood to work on the yo - yo's.  Only 17 to add the stash, that's better than none.


See you in a day or two for more about last week's sewing room adventures.







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Blogger has decided to make all comments on my blog no reply comments. When this issue is fixed, I will respond to comments via email whenever possible. Until then, if you have a question, please feel free to email me at podunkpretties@gmail.com

Happy Stitching! Lea Anne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...