After a year of sporadically working on the Cake Stand quilt, it’s finally a quilt top!
I’m pretty sure I deserve to do a little happy dance for this one.
For all of my math loving readers here's the numbers.
The quilt top finishes at 91 x 91
Total piece count is a whopping
6188
Yep, you read that right. No wonder it took me a year to get this one together!
This week the plan is to piece the quilt backing from the yellow and teal floral yardage, make a label and attach it to the backing, and then make the binding. Speaking of a label, I've not come up with a name for this quilt. Any suggestions other than Cake Stand?
The rest of the week I'll be focusing on quilting the blue quilt on the frame. I didn't make one stitch in her for the last 2 or 3 weeks. I can't wait to quilt up the cake stand quilt, so that's just the push I need to get ole blue quilted and off the frame. I guess she’s been waiting patiently long enough.
It was a busy week in the sewing room by the end of each day I wasn't in the mood to work on the yo - yo's. Only 17 to add the stash, that's better than none.
See you in a day or two for more about last week's sewing room adventures.
Pin It






Piece of Cake ๐๐
ReplyDeleteHow about Springtime Baskets? I think that floral fabric is perfect for backing fabric. Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteYou most definitely deserve a Happy Dance - your baskets are fantastic! Congratulations on your finish.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt top!!! Yum cake.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on a beautiful quilt top. It has to feel good to get it that far.
ReplyDeleteI'm coming in late, but how about "Let Them Eat Cake"", but then again, you might not want to reference the French Revolution!! ;-)
ReplyDelete