Monday, April 5, 2021

Notting Hill ~ Riley Blake ~ Amy Smart

 I've been a little quiet on social media in the last couple of weeks.  There's just not enough hours in the day to get everything done.  So social media takes a backseat, especially blogging.  Instagram and Facebook are a quicker option so I post there more often but still not everyday.  You can find links to both in the sidebar of my blog.  I'm pretty sure you don't need an account on either to look at them but don't hold me to that.  Let me know if it won't let you see them without an account.  I might be able to tweak some settings.  

So what have I been up to? Spring cleaning, dog training and playing with pretty fabric!  When I first saw the Notting Hill fabric by Amy Smart I knew it was a must have bundle.  Amy's fabrics play well in my color pallet of bright and happy.  Just look at these gorgeous prints.  The large florals are OOOH-LA-LA!


The quilt pattern I will use for this bundle was designed a few years ago I just needed the right line of fabric. Now to find the right background fabric.  Normally plain ole white is my go to but I thought I'd live a little outside my comfort zone and choose a low volume print.  The powers that be were not happy with my choice.  But I'm not going to let them keep me from my plan.  Two things happened....
#1..There was a burn in the fabric.  
#2...I under calculated how much I would need and I could not find more of the red dot print.


In my stash is a full bolt of plain ole white but I really wanted to use a low volume Riley Blake.   So I went to my favorite online shop, Stitches and Giggles 4 U.  I can always find what I need at this shop and the shipping is fast.  


While I waited for the fabric to arrive I made a couple of test blocks from my scraps.


Then I starched and cut out my blocks so I would be ready when the fabric arrived.  During this time I also cleaned out my quilting tools drawer.  In this drawer I found a set of churn dash block pattern labels I made years ago.  How fun! I had forgotten I made these, might as well put them to use.


Oh my goodness how cute are these blocks?  Florals and plaid....SOOO YUMMY!


Amy knows what I love.


I would love a bolt of each of the large florals....Gorgeous!


It didn't take long to put my quilt top together when working with such pretty fabrics.  I'll be showing a few more sneak peaks over the next couple of weeks while I wait for the patterns to arrive from the printers.







Did you know I'm an April Fool's baby?  Yep that's right.  My birthday day is April 1.  So I decided to have a my biggest sale of the year to celebrate my birthday.  
40% OFF  
No joke!  This is a great time to stock up.  I may have other sales throughout the year but none this large. 









Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Love this fabric line! I really like the blocks you created. PS I’m a Hoosier, too (living in another state).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. At this time I can only respond to comments in the comments section. So if you want to see my reply to your comment check the notify me option in the bottom right corner of the comment box and blogger will let you know when I respond to your comment. Thanks for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...